Monday, March 29, 2010

Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi and Ringu Tulku Rinpoche about young people


In a recent interview, Dilgo Khyentse Yangsi said the following: "In the Western part of the world, for the younger generation, like my age, that I could make them interested in Buddhism in a way, that I bring some new ideas, or anything that I could interest them. Because we are of the same age, so that I can slowly slowly interest them. That is something that I would like to achieve".

That is wonderful to hear, especially since Rinpoche is visiting Lerab Ling for five days this summer! You can watch the interview here.

Ringu Tulku Rinpoche was asked about HH Karmapa's interest in young people, saying that "I think, maybe because of his own age, maybe he thinks that he can communicate with the youth better, but it is just not him, other people also feel that maybe he can communicate with the youth and bring a certain amount of spiritual guidance and [be an] example for the young people". You can watch it here

Thanks to Robert and Nicolas for the links

No comments:

Post a Comment